Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 9 and Week 10: A Highlight Reel

I may have posted yesterday but I want to not be behind on my posts anymore, so I figured I'll just show you guys what I've been up to these past two weeks! I'm going to start with Sunday, October 23 and the last day I'll be talking about will be November 5th! Keep in mind that I was really sick for most of this, so my fun times were extremely limited!


So that Sunday I went to a place called Monkey Mountain! 



It is exactly what the name implies: monkeys...on a mountain. Apparently they were imported here from Japan and have made their own little society on top of the mountain. They were really interesting and cute!


And they get really close to you! Close enough to touch! Except for don't do that because they are rather aggressive. One of the rules is that you should not look the monkeys in the eye, because if you do, they take this as a sign of aggression and will fight you. Not even kidding. These cute fuzzy guys are also wild animals. But still cute and fuzzy nonetheless.



There were also a bunch of babies! They were so cute and many liked to ride on their mothers' backs!


Here's a little one that's trying to get an apple out of the lake without getting too wet!


The tour was relatively short and we didn't get to stay long because they didn't want to risk the monkeys getting upset, but I got some good videos!

This one features baby monkeys playing on a fallen tree branch...it's so cute


This next one is of a monkey who kept getting mad that there was an apple in the water and would jump on the wooden plank and scream. 



After the tour, we went to the top of the mountain to see a birds of prey show! The view was amazing



It was absolutely incredible. The bird trainer did games with the bird and they flew SO close to us. You can see how I felt about it in this video where I nervous laughed so much


They also had a bald eagle that was so incredible to watch. Also made me feel American again.



After we walked around the top of the mountain where more birds were kept. 



These owls are so cute and sweet looking!

There was also a place on the mountain that had a great view,


Those pictures seriously looks fake!

I also got a really great touristy picture of me.


And then that Wednesday, I went to a Buschenshank, which is basically a restaurant that's on a farm and all the food and drinks are made there!! Here's what I got and you know it was delicious


After that, we went to Karaoke Night! Karaoke is incredibly fun and I had a great time but sadly, no pictures!

The day after that I went to a party in the University Library. That's a real thing that happened. It honestly wasn't that much fun but the novelty was there. Because when has anyone ever attended a party in a library? It happened because the library is being moved somewhere else! So apparently having a party there is the logical next step. Obviously.


Next, I saw La Traviata at the Opera House and I know I wasn't a fan of the opera I went to last time, but this one was so much better! (and shorter.)

It was delayed for an hour because one of the actors didn't show up! Another one had to take their place and play two roles! 


Not too much later it was Halloween! Please enjoy this mirror selfie of me as a scarecrow (facial expressions were hard because if I smiled it made the mouth part look weird)


Halloween is not a huge holiday here, which is why I went for a more simple costume as opposed to previous years where I spend the entire month of October (and sometimes September too) working on my costume. Regardless, I still had fun!

Later that week, I fell asleep on a tram home from class and ended up missing my stop (only by one which isn't bad) and had to walk back to my apartment. I realized how absolutely beautiful my street is and that I never even noticed!


Also my favorite meal of the week: I made myself fried rice and put turkey in it! It was so good


Today was interesting because I took a traditional dancing class where I learned how to waltz and do traditional Austrian dances. It was fun and exhausting. I can't wait to sleep.


That's all for this week! It's good to be caught up. See you all next week, should be an interesting week because you know, elections.

If you're reading this and are an American, GO OUT AND VOTE




No comments:

Post a Comment